Staging is effective in selling homes fast and for top value. Here are some of our favorite staging stats!
- Nationally, 95% of ASP® staged homes sell on average in 11 days or less.
- More than 80% of buyers say that a staged home is easier to visualize as their future home.
- A majority of buyers are willing to pay more for a staged property.
- ASP® staged homes sell for up to 17% more than homes that are not staged.
- As of 2017, 38% of sellers’ agents stage all sellers’ homes prior to listing them for sale.
- Many buyers’ agents say that staging a home increases the dollar value offered.
- Over 90% of agents recommend that sellers declutter their home before putting it on the market.
- Staging is an advertising expense and tax deductible (IRS code 523) while price reductions are not tax deductible.
Staging the living room for buyers was found to be most important 55%, followed by staging the master bedroom 51%, and staging the kitchen 41%.